The MULTI MONT OCTA flywheel coupling is designed specifically as a torsionally flexible drive coupling for units with internal combustion engines. It is used to dampen torsional vibrations and to compensate for misalignments.
The series comprises 6 different sizes covering a nominal torque range from 300 to 20 000 Nm.
MULTI MONT OCTA flywheel couplings give positive torque transmission with rubber elements under compression. These rubber elements can be supplied in different Shore hardnesses for optimising the torsional vibration range. Any occurring torsional vibrations and peak torques are dampened and absorbed efficiently.
- Efficient torsional vibration and peak torque dampening and absorbing capability
- Ease of assembly thanks to the plug-in type design
- Compensation of axial, radial and angular misalignments
- Coupling hub of spheroidal cast iron as a standard
- Fail safe design combined with a high load carrying capability, nevertheless with protection against overload breakage by means of the existing rated break point
- Simple, compact and thus low-cost coupling design