Rexnord Filament Bearings
Rexnord filament bearings are designed to withstand the combination of heat, moisture and wear, making this type of bearing, on the cutting edge of bearing solution technology.
Filament bearings are versatile and ready to use in a wide variety of applications. The self-lubricating nature of the liner combined with the high-strength and corrosion resistant support matrix allows these bearings to operate with little to no maintenance, even under extreme conditions. The woven Teflon fiber-liner requires no lubrication, and the filament wound fibreglass and epoxy resin matrix produce a bearing that’s design flexible, maintenance-free, strong, and lightweight making this the perfect bearing solution.
Rexnord filament bearings commonly replace bronze bushings, brass bushings, copper bushings, Babbitt metal bushings, plastic bushings, steel ball bearings, plastic ball bearings, and other lubricated bearing materials.
- Customisation: choose from the standard configurations or create your own custom design.
- Strength: The wound fibreglass structures demonstrates ultimate crush strength under radial load in excess of 77,000 PSI.
- Consistency: The unique manufacturing process provides highly reliable and predictable performance from part-to-part.
- Corrosion Resistance: The non-metallic nature of Rexnord filament bearings allows them to operate without lubrication and experience no corrosion, even in extreme environments.
- Self-lubricating: The precisely woven Teflon and polyester self-lubricating liner allows for a low coefficient of friction in a wide variety of applications without oil or grease.