In order to configure bearing arrangements for the highly dynamic operating conditions in screw drives with high accuracy, high load-carrying capacity, high rigidity, low friction, easy fit and maintenance-free or low-maintenance design, INA/FAG has a wide range of axial angular contact ball bearings. With this well thought-out product range, ideal application-specific solutions can now be found for all the technical and economic demands placed on the bearing arrangements of screw drives. Chain & Drives stock a range of bearings for screw drives by Schaeffler.
Bearings for screw drives are available as:
Axial Angular Contact Ball Bearings
- double row, for screw mounting
- double row, not for screw mounting
- single row, for any combination
- angular contact ball bearing unit, for screw mounting
- double row or triple row, flange with flattened areas, for screw mounting
Axial angular contact ball bearings are precision bearings for screw drive bearing arrangements. Depending on the series, they can support radial forces as well as axial forces in one or both directions. Contact seals protect the rolling element system against contamination and moisture. For higher speeds, non-contact minimal gap seals can be used.
The bearings are available with and without fixing holes in the outer ring. Bearings with holes are screw mounted directly on the adjacent construction. This solution is particularly economical since there is then no need for the locating bore that would otherwise be required or for the bearing cover with the associated matching work.
Needle Roller/ Axial Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- for screw mounting
- not for screw mounting
Needle roller/axial cylindrical roller bearings comprise an outer ring with radial and axial raceways, shaft locating washers, an inner ring, a radial needle roller and cage assembly and axial cylindrical roller and cage assemblies. The bearings are available with or without fixing holes.
In addition to radial forces, the bearings can also support axial forces from both directions and tilting moments.
The outer ring, inner ring and axial cages are matched to each other such that the bearing is axially clearance-free after preloading by means of a precision locknut. The radial internal clearance Group 2 corresponds to ISO 5753-1 (DIN 620-4).
- Seal carrier assemblies DRS are complete sealing sets that are screw mounted on the outer ring of needle roller/axial cylindrical roller bearings ZARF(-L). They are precisely centred in this position and seal the bearings against external influences.
- Precision locknuts are used in the axial preloading of bearings for screw drives. Precision locknuts are used to achieve a defined axial preload in bearings for screw drives. They are also used where high axial forces must be supported and high axial runout accuracy and rigidity are required.
- Sockets, for simple tightening and loosening of precision locknuts ZM on shafts, the sockets LOCKNUT-SOCKET-KM are suitable. In combination with the socket AMS, this socket is also suitable for precision locknuts AM. They require less space on the circumference of the locknut than hook wrenches and allow the use of torque wrenches.