Guide rings are generally made of a polymer material which avoids metal-to-metal contact between moving parts in a working hydraulic cylinder.
At Chain & Drives, we stock AMAANDO’s range of high-quality phenolic resin and bronze-filled PTFE guide rings in various sizes. These guide rings provide high wear resistance and excellent anti-friction properties which increase a longer service life.
- Significantly longer service life
- Work more smoothly against the cylinder tube and sealing surfaces
- Avoid wear of cylinder surfaces despite the presence of contamination particles
- High resistance to insufficient lubrication at low speeds
- Provides larger contact area due to higher degree of elastic deformation which distributes the load more evenly and reduces stress to the counter surface
- Provides certain self-lubricating ability